COVID BOOSTER VACCINATIONS & FLU VACCINATIONS - Updated 23/09/2021
North Sedgemoor PCN will be starting our Covid Booster vaccinations next week at the site at Winchester Farm in Cheddar. These will be available for patients aged 80 years and older who had their 2nd Covid vaccination at least 180 days previously.
There have been some issues around getting these appointments to show correctly on the National Booking System via NHS111 with some patients being told, incorrectly, that they are ineligible.
Whilst this is being resolved, our Team will be starting with booking the appointments by phoning eligible patients to offer you a time. If you are aged 80 or over and receive a phone call offering a Covid booster appointment at Winchester Farm, Cheddar.
This is not a scam, but please note at no stage will you be asked for your bank details or for any payment. If anyone does ask for this information or payment, then please terminate the call immediately.
If you are registered with our Practice, you will also be able to receive your Flu vaccination at the same appointment, so please ask when you go for this to be administered. Guidance has changed this year and there is no need for a gap between Covid and Flu vaccines, even if they are given by different providers, so if you have already received your Flu jab, you can still get your Covid booster.
COVID BOOSTER VACCINATIONS & FLU VACCINATIONS - UPDATED AT 20/09/2021
We are working as a PCN (Primary Care Network – Axbridge & Wedmore, Cheddar, Brent Area, Highbridge and Burnham & Berrow Medical Centres) to deliver the COVID boosters to all our eligible patients.
• Eligible: All Care Home Residents; Health and Social Care Staff; all over 50’s and clinically vulnerable 18 – 49 year olds
• Care Home Residents are being vaccinated first – to be completed by 1st November 2021
• Remaining eligible patients will be invited to book for their booster via the National Booking System
• We will be co-administering flu and COVID boosters at our clinic in September. Patients who are already booked in do not need to contact us to ask for the booster, if you are eligible it will be offered to you on the day. (AXBRIDGE AND BURNHAM & BERROW ONLY)
• It is only possible to have your COVID booster 6 months onwards from when your second COVID vaccine was given. If you are not eligible when you have your flu vaccine you will need to book through the National Booking Service.
• Please bear with us regarding the location of our clinics in September as we are awaiting confirmation from NHS England as to where our vaccine site will be.
• Any further COVID booster updates will be regularly posted here