Are the UK's only charity dedicated to lymphoma. They have been providing in-depth, expert information for over 30 years, helping thousands of people affected by lymphoma, the fifth most common cancer. Our work drives improvements in the diagnosis, treatment and aftercare of lymphoma.
- We inform patients and healthcare professionals with trusted information, endorsed by medical experts, to help and empower you to fully understand the complexities of lymphoma.
- They support you all at every step, providing advice and reassurance tailored to your individual experience. From symptom awareness through to diagnosis, treatment and beyond, we’re here to help. They also support doctors and nurses to deliver the best possible treatment and care.
- They connect you to leading lymphoma expertise, and to those going through a similar experience, to make sure you’re not alone.
Freephone helpline 0808 808 5555
SOMERSET COMMUNITY CONNECT TALKING CAFE
Somerset Village & Community Agents
Somerset Community Connect
Multi agency information cafe providing free advice and support.
- Providing a place for the community to access several agencies in one location, in an informal, relaxed environment.
- Come along for advice and support with professionals and volunteers you can trust - from health to finance - support is here for you.
- Pop in for a cuppa and a chat - open to any Adult 18+
2pm - 4pm Burnham-On-Sea @ The Chatterbox Cafe every Wednesday
21 Victoria Street, Burnham-On-Sea
Call 01823 331222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To dowload the poster for the Talking Cafe, click here.
CONTACT THE ELDERLY
Supported by a network of volunteers, Contact the Elderly organises monthly Sunday afternoon tea parties for small groups of older people aged 75 and over, who live alone, offering a regular and vital friendship link every month.
Care, conversation and a cuppa
Since our first tea party held in 1965, Contact the Elderly has supported more than 100,000 lonely older people.
For more information, visit their website http://www.contact-the-elderly.org.uk/
On your own on Christmas Day but like company?
See our website www.CommunityChristmas.co.uk which aims to ensure that some of the 1/2 million people expected to be on their own on Christmas Day will have a group event to attend.
Parkinsons Drop-in Group
Parkinsons UK Burnham-on-Sea Group
The Catholic Church Hall, Highbridge Road, TA8 1LL
2-4pm second Monday of each month.
Drop in & join us for refreshments, time to chat with other people with Parkinson’s and their families & professionals who can help and advise.
Your local contacts are:
Ronnie: 01278 786266 Jenny: 01278 785653
Sarah Barter: 0344 225 3698 email@example.com
Free national helpline: 0808 800 0303 www.parkinsons.org.uk
Click here to download the poster
CARER SUPPORT GROUP
Come and have a cup of tea and make friends - meet carers past and present and have a chat:
Burnham Community Centre (next to Swimming Pool) Berrow Road Burnham on Sea TA8 2ET
10am - 12 noon every month - last Tuesday of the month
They support people affected by lupus to make sure that no one faces lupus alone. For more information please visit their website www.hibbslupustrust.org.
Support for men who are victims of domestic abuse - ManKind initiative
Follow the link to the website for further information:
Somerset Suicide Bereavement Support Service Monthly Surgery
The team will be providing information, support and signposting once a month for anyone aged 14 + who has been bereaved by suicide or affected by the death of someone by suicide.
There is no need to pre book unless you would like to arrange one to one support.
Wednesday 14th August 2019
& the second Wednesday of each month
11am - 2pm
St Marys Church
Contact us: 0300 330 5463 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org