YAC Website Links & Support Groups
WEBSITE LINKS & SUPPORT GROUPS
- Kooth - Young Adult Support Group
- Check out the Young People's Contraception and Sexual Health Services website especially for Somerset young people www.somersetcsh.co.uk including information on teenage pregnancy
- SEX – WORTH TALKING ABOUT: Straightforward information and advice to make it easier to discuss everything to do with sexual health
Ring 0300 123 2930
- PROMISE - Promise is a Somerset county-wide mentoring and Advocacy service for young people and children aged between 5 and 19 who are experiencing difficulties at home, in care or with education and training
- NATIONAL CAREERS SERVICE - Advisers offer careers information, advice and support to 13 – 19 year olds between 8am and 10pm seven days a week
- YOUNG CARERS - www.youngcarers.net
Sign up to YCNet today to join our supportive, online community of young carers for discussion or for advice from our qualified youth workers.
What is a Young Carer?
Do you help or look after someone in your family? Is this because they are ill, disabled, or have problems with drugs or alcohol or their mental health? You might be doing the shopping for them, or the cooking, or housework. Perhaps you help them wash or dress? Or maybe you spend time cheering them up. Whatever it is you do, it means that you can call yourself a “Young Carer” and it also means that this website could have information to help you.http://www.somersetyc.org.uk/
- Local Contact:Angela Vaughan
Somerset Young Carers Project Worker (Taunton and West Somerset)
Tel: 01278 437368 or Mobile No. 07919540089
- YOUNGMINDS - THE VOICE OF YOUNG PEOPLES MENTAL HEALTH & WELLBEING
YoungMinds is the UK’s leading charity committed to improving the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people.Visit their website :http://www.youngminds.org.uk/
- Young People's Peer Support Group
Somerset Suicide Bereavement Support Service which is available to anyone in Somerset. For further information please visit the website below, where you can find dates and times of local groups.
- Young Somerset Virtual Hub Poster
T: 0300 330 5463 Helpline